What is the Wellness Center?
The Wellness Center provides a safe, nonjudgmental environment in the school where students can go for support or a safe space.
Each Center is staffed by a:
- Social worker
- Community Health Worker
What Services does the Wellness Center Provide?
- Check-ins, individual and group counseling and information around issues like depression, grief, relationships, social issues and substance use
- Education about sexual health, as well as condoms and pregnancy testing
- Referrals to health clinics and community resources
- Classroom Wellness presentations and school-wide Wellness events
How Can I Help my Student get Services?
- Contact your school’s Wellness Coordinator
- For emergencies, call:
- SF Suicide Prevention 415-781-0500 (24 hours)
- Child Crisis 415-970-3800
- Edgewood Crisis Stabilization Unit
Edgewood Center for Children and Families
1801 Vicente Street, San Francisco, CA 94116
Direct: 415.682.3278 Mobile: 415.650.7378
Think your teen is feeling down?
Changes in your teen’s behavior can be concerning. Look for these commons signs that they might need some support:
- Feeling sad, hopeless, or irritable a lot of the time
- Not wanting to do or enjoy doing fun things
- Changes in eating patterns – eating a lot more or a lot less than usual
- Sleeping a lot more or a lot less than normal
- Changes in energy – being tired and sluggish or tense and restless a lot of the time
- Having a hard time paying attention
- Feeling worthless, useless, or guilty
- Self-injury and self-destructive behavior
- Thoughts of dying and/or suicide